Hi, I'm Catherine & I abso-bloomin'-lutely LOVE being creative, choosing a camera to 'paint with light', watching & waiting for those 'in-between' moments. I consider myself a creative, contemporary, portrait photographer.
Welcome to all that is CBP - enjoy & don't hesitate to get in touch if there's anything you need.
I'm a creative, natural, organic, 'in the moment' photographer, always responding to YOU, to the environment, to the light, creating as I go & working with everything around me that inspires me & gives YOU something that is truly unique & personal.
It's an artful process - it's all about making memories / keepsakes & creating images worthy of printing LARGE to adorn & transform your beautiful spaces: a talking point with that 'wow' factor.
I work with you to create something that 'fits' YOU, YOUR loved ones, YOUR family, YOUR environment & YOUR lifestyle.
It's all about YOU, YOUR STORY, nothing more, nothing less!
I'm totally up for conceptual art, designing something a little different, of collaborative opportunities too: do just shout!
I believe in 'story telling' & documenting emotion: I want you to FEEL something when you see my work; whether it's an image of a woodland, the beach, a stone, a pet, you, your loved one, your family, your children, your wedding, your business .....
It's always a fun experience & be prepared for me to get everyone shooting some moves, to have fun, to play, to jump.
There's just something about simplifying an image into black & white that 'speaks' to me: I shoot colour too though!
Every shoot is different - very relaxed, natural & fun fun fun ... there's no point otherwise is there really ??? ** for examples of my work click here **
A few things you might like to know about me ...
* I love kicking autumn leaves, woodland walks, generally acting way too young for my age!
* I love to jump in puddles - I'm waterproof aren't I ?
* Jumping & pulling some serious shapes is almost compulsory when out on a shoot & if you're up for it, then so am I !
* I have a thing about hair flicking !
* My 'happy place' is the coast, the sandy beaches, taking off my shoes, enjoying the surf, beach-combing, immersing myself in the fabulous view ...
* I collect sea glass & one day I'll create a piece of art with it all ...
* I live in one of most beautiful & friendly places in the UK
* I'm proud to call myself an 'adopted Geordie!'
* I change my hair colour a little too frequently - oops ! In 2019 it's been blonde, blue, green & is currently grey/silver!
* I don't like dumplings !
* I collect vintage film cameras, photographs, photography & art books
* I love art, particularly modern art, & thoroughly enjoy going to galleries & exhibitions
* I have a BA (Hons) 1st Class in Photography - specialising in fine art, having graduated in 2013 as a mature student
* I have a Foundation Diploma in Fine Art (Yup - I'm arty farty!)
* I believe in giving back to others: I give Fine Art Photography talks to Camera Clubs, donate my time to causes close to my heart, help others & am an appointed Judge for the Northern Counties Photographic Federation, which all keep me rather busy.
So, you've made it this far & if you haven't already grabbed a brew, do that & have a good old look around my website, get to know me, view my portfolio & take in all the information that's here.
I'd love to hear from you if you've any questions, would like to book a shoot or have an enquiry about anything. Just click 'say hello', hit the email icon at the bottom of the page, complete the form or email me email@example.com and I'll be in touch.
** COMING SOON ... Why not hop over to my Fine Art Boutique 'TheLITTLEFineArt.Co' which has been borne from my absolute LOVE & PASSION of all things creative & offers a 'one-stop' e-boutique showcasing a selection of unique art prints, stationery, textiles, silks, wall coverings & homeware for your beautiful spaces. Available for OOAK pieces & commissions. **
© Copyright Declaration 2018-2020 All images shown on this site are protected by International Copyright Law & by the Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988. All images, text & ideas are the 'intellectual property' of Catherine Ball